Thinking of becoming a teacher? Why not train with us, the top performing provider in England, based in Essex.
We are based at The Bromfords School and Sixth Form College in Wickford.
Why not have the best of both worlds, a school led course linked to a University offering an extensive library and online journals.
“The level of coherence between the taught aspects of the course and school placements is excellent. This means all trainees are well supported to make rapid progress in becoming good and outstanding teachers.” – Ofsted 2014
We also offer:
- A Post Graduate Certificate in Education (60 Master credits) from the Institute of Education
- Enhanced experience in either English or Mathematics
Teaching is a challenging and highly rewarding career. Working with children to develop their personal, social and intellectual capacities brings great personal satisfaction.
Becoming a successful teacher is a process which requires support and training of the highest quality. Initial teacher training is the important first step in the process. We are considered to be an intimate provider. Billericay Educational Consortium staff members are very accessible and trainees feel well supported and listened to. We are renowned for producing sound, experienced and reflective Newly Qualified Teachers who are sought after by schools. 100% of our trainees find a job.
The centre-based training elements are delivered by practising teachers who are able to share with trainees the very real demands, challenges and joys of primary teaching today. Many sessions are delivered in school and pupils contribute to the training.
Successful candidates are offered a place within a day of being interviewed. You have to ask the question:
Is teaching for me?
Would I like:
- A life-changing experience
- A new challenge
- A fulfilling career
- Every day to be different
- To work with young children and make a difference to their lives
- Enthusiastic about teaching
- Energetic and hardworking
- A good communicator and listener, with a sense of humour
- Adaptable and flexible
- Able to use my initiative
- Passionate about learning
- Imaginative and creative
- Able to inspire and enthuse
- Well organised, focused and determined
- Resilient and able to cope with pressure
- Able to work in a team with other adults
- Self aware
- Able to be reflective, to listen and act on advice
If the answer is yes, then take the first step and apply – don’t delay as places go quickly!
Please apply via the UCAS portal www.ucas.com/apply/teacher-training once it has opened.
We offer the following Primary (5-11) courses:
- Provider-led – Billericay Educational Consortium (course code X100);
- School Direct – Buttsbury Infant School (29PN).
The Consortium has a commitment to equality of opportunity for all, and welcome candidates from diverse ethnic backgrounds regardless of age, gender, disability, religious or social contexts.