Where do the trainees study?
Trainees are based in various schools in Essex. There are opportunities to visit and work in schools in other more diverse areas during the Spring and Summer terms including a Special Educational Needs School, a secondary school, schools with a good number of EAL pupils (pupils with English as an additional language) and a placement in a pupil referral unit.
The schools are within a reasonable distance from each other and presently include:
- Benhurst Primary, Hornchurch
- Buttsbury Infant, Billericay
- Buttsbury Junior, Billericay
- Collingwood Primary, South Woodham Ferrers
- Columbus Special School, Chelmsford
- Downham C of E, Ramsden Heath
- Drapers’ Maylands Primary, Harold Hill
- Elmwood Primary, South Woodham Ferrers
- Eversley Primary, Pitsea
- Grange Primary, Wickford
- Great Berry Primary, Langdon Hills
- Holy Family Catholic Primary, Witham
- Ingatestone Infant, Ingatestone
- Ingatestone Junior, Ingatestone
- Kelvedon Hatch CP Primary, Brentwood
- Pioneer Special School, Basildon
- Pupil Referral Unit, Langdon Hills
- South Green Junior, Billericay
- Sunnymede Junior, Billericay
- St Joseph’s RC Primary, South Woodham Ferrers
- St Peter’s C of E Primary, Brentwood
- St Peter’s RC Primary, Billericay
Please apply through course code X100 (BEC) or 29PN (Buttsbury Infant School).
“Trainees are able to draw upon their high quality teaching experiences and the extensive range of behaviour management strategies learned during their training” – Ofsted 2014
Trainees must arrange their own transport. Most lectures will be held within the Wickford area or in our partnership schools.