BEC has been named the No. 1 provider of Primary Initial Teacher Training in England since 2011 and is the only provider in Essex to be awarded an OUTSTANDING grade by Ofsted in 2010 and again in 2014.
The Good Teacher Training Guide 2015’s assessment of Initial Teacher Training in the UK named BEC as the top performing primary provider and is available to read by clicking here.
“The hardest but most satisfying and rewarding year of my life so far. To all future trainees – you will be well supported. GO FOR IT! This is an excellent, intensive induction into teaching. In particular the tutors for core subjects are exceptional and support is always available. It is meticulously organised and planned to ensure that you can achieve your maximum potential, ready for your NQT year.”
Why choose BEC?
- Experience the best of both worlds, a school led course linked to a University offering an extensive library and online journals.
- On our primary 5-11 course we offer an enhanced experience focusing on either English or Mathematics.
- We pride ourselves in offering high levels of personalisation and support.
- Our partnership schools offer trainees the opportunity to experience examples of outstanding practice and we offer you the opportunity to gain a Post Graduate Certificate in Education, validated at Masters level by The Institute of Education.
- The skills and experience gained through a school led training programme with BEC prepares our trainees well for their first teaching post in behaviour and discipline, English as an Additional Language, Special Educational Needs and Disability and the teaching of reading including phonics.